When you think of CCTV in Chicago, you always think of it as a security gadget that deters criminals from targeting your business. Yes, the primary purpose of these cameras is to protect your business from all the identifiable and unidentifiable threats. But apart from securing your business they also can help in improving the productivity. Let us take a look at some of the ways in which you can use CCTV systems to improve your business productivity.
- Identify Performers – As a business owner you need to create a healthy work environment and it is here that you need to identify the performers and reward them. CCTV cameras would help you keep a watch on all your employees and you would be able to monitor their behavior, team spirit and enthusiasm and these are key factors in judging performance apart from the tangible reports that comes your way.
- Identify Employee Problems – Needless to say when you expect high levels of productivity from your employees you need to also provide them with a productive work environment. Often things such as cramped walking space, long distance to the shared printer and other employee problems don’t meet your naked eyes. When you keep a watch on the employees for an entire shift you can identify these problems and take necessary actions.
- Reduce Employee Theft – Employee theft is one of the biggest headaches for businesses in the retail industry and results in huge losses. Despite all the background checks you may often find mismatch in your product inventory. Without strong evidence you cannot accuse somebody of stealing. With CCTV systems in place you would not only gather evidence but also deter employees who have a malicious intent of attempting any theft. This helps reduce your losses and hence increases profits.
- Manage Large Production Lines – When you have a large production line where you would be having supervisors at different stages of the line monitoring the quality. Using CCTV systems you may be able to merge the roles or two or more supervisors. This helps you in reducing your operational costs and hence increases your productivity. Also it allows the supervisors to devote quality time to monitoring multiple stages of production line instead of spending time in moving around.
- Prevent Inappropriate Behavior – Inappropriate behavior such as bullying and sexual misconduct aren’t uncommon in the workplace. These tends to bring down the moral of your performing staff and you need to immediately identify people who indulge in this kind of behavior and take necessary action as per your code of conduct. Such measures also help you avoid lawsuits that can result out of bullying or sexual abuses at the workplace.